7 Tips To Help You Decide if it is time to Refine & Refresh.
It seems like everyone is focused on rebranding right now. Entrepreneurs are more tuned in to ensuring their business has impactful, empathetic messaging. All are tailoring their offers to best to serve their brand community members needs during this time.
Before you embark on an expensive rebrand and lengthy website overhaul, consider that these upgrades might actually be taking away your ability to support your customers when they need you most.
Most businesses will undergo a rebrand at some point (even multiple times). That’s okay, because your brand is how you reach customers, tell your story, and market your products or services. It is essential to ensure your brand is as relevant as ever. And if it’s not, well, it might be time to rebrand, but consider this first…
A rebrand doesn’t necessarily mean a complete overhaul of your business from top to bottom, with every aspect of your current business being thrown out the window and replaced with shiny new, unfamiliar things. Often a subtle update to your brand, or redefining your messaging, will help better align it’s position within the market.
How many times have you heard from a client how proud they are, because they were one of the first people to sign up with you when you launched your business? That’s the sign of a fantastic community! For this reason, the less noticeable the rebrand is, the better. Your customers need to know they can still trust your core values to be intact but will also marvel about how refreshed it feels, like a good nights sleep (or some new highlights).
Here are 7 tips to help you decide if a refine & refresh is right for you.
1. Your offering (product and/or service) has changed significantly and the current branding is misleading.
2. Your brand message has changed significantly and the current branding gives a wrong impression.
3. You’re merging with another business.
4. Your target audience has changed or you’re planning to focus on different customer segment.
5. You want to uplevel the positioning of your business in the marketplace.
6. You want your brand to look more professional and polished.
7. Your current brand makes you feel self conscious and you want to feel confident and good about your business and brand.
*Photo edited with Topanga, Golden Brand Presets