Updated: 5 days ago
In Today’s Post We Will Explore How to Increase Your Brand Visibility Why It Matters, and I’ll Share a Few Tips to Succeed on Social Media Without Spending the Day Online.
What Is Brand Visibility?
For the purpose of this post we will be focus exclusively on brand visibility for the online business brand. While physical shops might have the advantage of an alluring storefront or well-trafficked location, online brands but be clever in their strategy to stand out in a noisy space.
Simply put, brand visibility is being known for a specific message. A word of caution here to carefully cultivate the message you wish to be known for. Just because you are posting consistently doesn’t mean you are sharing a message you wish to be known for.
If you missed my Brand Visibility Week Challenge on Instagram – don’t fret! I’ll cover all the juicy details and resources in this post. Reeady? Read on!
How Do I Use Visibility to Increase Brand Awareness?
The number one rule of branding and marketing strategy is to know what your business is and who it is for, before you even think about putting dollars behind your strategy.
Clearly define your brand before posting on socials, writing copy for your website or running ads. If you aren’t clear on what you stand for, your brand won’t be the first to come to mind when your customer needs your product or service.
The core of brand visibility is being able to clearly articulate your brand message. Everything after that is icing on the cake, as they say.
If you’re not sure exactly how to articulate what sets you apart from other people in your industry, you have work to do before you invest time or other resources in brand visibility. ✩ I have a great free quiz.⠀
If you already know your Who, Why & Purpose (lucky!). Skip to The Good Stuff Below.
Okay, I Know My Core Messaging – Now What?
Once you can articulate your purpose, your next goal is to have your brand hold space in people’s hearts and minds. You are creating expectations for your audience. You want to engage in a way that clearly conveys what the experience working with you will be like.
This is conveyed and reinforced with visibility.
Don’t be discouraged if it takes time to build up momentum, an audience and sales. You are cultivating an experience by building relationships and there is not shortcut for it. It just takes time.
It is human nature to ignore most messages we are exposed to until we have a need for them.
Also, you may not see results immediately since people will need your product at different times. However, by staying top of mind, and repeatedly sharing your business, your brand will be easier to recall when they do need your product. It is human nature to ignore most messages we are exposed to until we have a need for them. When your ideal client is ready to pay attention, you will be there for them.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Location Is Everything – Especially Online
Online business visibility is similar to being a shop with a great location. For example, you decide it’s time to hire a professional photographer to shoot your products. The one that shows up at that exact moment is more likely to get your business than other less visible, but equally talented photographers.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Actionable Tips for Brand Visibility – the Good Stuff
Now for my favorite part. Strategy.
Like a morning cup of coffee you might be brimming over with ideas and plans but take a moment before you begin to be strategic!⠀If you aren’t, I promise you’ll end up chasing your own tail (and followers), with only frustration to show for it. And who has time for that?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Okay friend, you are laser-focused on telling ideal clients who you are, and how you can help. Here’s your strategic plan to increase your brand visibility online.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. Choose your visible platforms thoughtfully. My advice is to choose 2 MAX. Make sure they are fun to be on and challenge you enough that you’ll stay interested in the long-run. If you are on more than 2 and stressed about posting… it’s time to thin the herd.⠀My favorites are Instagram and of course, the Golden Blog (blogging is not dead). Instagram is also great for relationship-building and crafting your brand experience.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. Accept there will be days when the desire to post just isn’t there – and plan for it instead of beating yourself up. I recommend following your energy. If you are in a great flow, use that energy to create a cache for the days you need a break (no guilt!). Planoly is my favorite app for stockpiling IG posts and captions. I also use it to store all of my edited photos and graphics for posting on socials.
3. Not a photographer? Stocklane is the perfect resource for curated, branded photos. They believe in empowering women to create beautiful, successful and profitable lifestyle brands by providing them with a constant flow of gorgeous images to support their social media and marketing needs. Grab your 10 free Stocklane images here and try them today.⠀
4. The one photo you MUST have for your brand though is your headshot. This is non-negotiable friends. Once you have some options (look for my next blog post with photo tips), keep a Headshot folder on your desktop. Inside will be photos of you, and only you. Use these on your website and socials.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
5. Finally, my favorite. Just join in. You can’t look on from the outside or post one photo and expect huge changes – you still have to put some work into it. Make friends, be curious about others, support each other, and collaborate!⠀Collaborating with like-minded people online is a great way to build an audience and become more visible online.⠀⠀